USCCB - Order of Baptism of Children
With these words the minister may greet those present at the rite of Baptism of a child.
This second edition of the order of baptism will guide your community’s celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism for children and infants. It has been updated to be consistent with the current translation of the Roman Missal. The second edition gives the option to use the new greeting cited above and an expanded Litany of the Saints. It also has a helpful new appendix laying out the order of baptism of children within Mass.
The updated second edition is necessary for bishops, priests, and deacons who are the ordinary ministers of baptism. This ritual for Baptism may be used as of February 2, 2020, the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, and must be used for all baptisms of children beginning on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020. It is approved for use in the dioceses of the United States.
Available January 2020
- Red, blue, and gold marker ribbons
- Handy 7 ¼” by 10 ½” size for ease of use
- Red bonded leather hard cover
- Gold foil stamp on front, back, and spine
- Sturdy 80 lb. off-white paper, printed in two colors
- Text for proclamation in large easy-to-read print
- Pages: 188
- Height: 10.5"
- Width: 7.25”